WNBC 4's "New York Live" TV Show came out to "The Shops at Riverside"
Mall in Hackensack to cover our Healthy Women's Event.
Check out Raina Seitel as she interviews HackensackUMC's
own Carla Simonian and gets the latest "GAMEPLAN" for Women's Health.
1. Talk to Your Coach:
See your gynecologist once a year for a comprehensive visit. Don’t have a doctor? Visit HackensackUMC.org/Find-A-Doc
2. Be Sure Your Equipment’s in Good Order: Be sure to regularly examine your breasts. The best time to check is after your period ends, and the best way to check is in the shower using wet, soapy fi ngers.
3. Take a Timeout: Make sure you make time to take care of yourself, and that includes keeping up with pap smears, mammograms and any other routine tests your doctor has recommended.
4. Know the Opponent: A colonoscopy is recommended for all women at age 50. Colon cancer is easily detected with this painless procedure. Your healthcare provider can refer you to a gastroenterologist.
5. Fuel for Performance: Eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly. Achieve a proper balance of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, fresh fruits and vegetables.
6. Prepare a Training Regimen: Proper prenatal care actually begins BEFORE you conceive. Make sure that you have a balanced diet, and avoid alcohol and caffeine. Start taking a multiple vitamin that contains at least 0.8 milligrams of folic acid. Monitor your cycles carefully.
7. Know the Signals: If you think you are pregnant, see an obstetrician early. Proper maternity care should begin in the first twelve weeks of your pregnancy.
8. Take Care of Your Teammates: As the team leader, you need to set a healthy example for your family and care for them when needed. Strongly consider the benefits of breastfeeding your baby. Keep an eye on your child’s
nutrition, and make sure they are staying active.
9. Your Best Offense is a Good Defense: We all know the importance of making sure your kids are up-to-date with their vaccinations, but adults need protection, too.
10. Put your GAMEPLAN in Action:
HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Powered by the Giants can help you put your GAMEPLAN into action. Check out www.Giants.com/fitness
to start getting fit and well!
Download your GAMEPLAN for Women's Health.
Check out our women's health services at: