Health and family are two of the most important aspects of our lives. Because of this, our family’s health is always a continuing goal we strive for.
1. Take a time out: Use your common sense. If your or someone in your family is sick, make sure they take a sick day.
2. Know the fundamentals: The family dynamic is a complex one. You’re dealing with different tastes, needs and schedules. It’s important that you seek balance within the group and pay attention when it’s needed.
3. Know your team history: Keep everyone’s medical records and important documents handy and in a safe place. You never know when they might be needed in an emergency.
4. Fuel for Performance: Making healthy meals a regular part of your lifestyle and having them ready will keep your gang from running to the drive-through for something quick. Have everyone help to prepare meals and show them why healthy is always better.
5. Take care of your teammates: Make annual physicals and dental visits a part of everyone’s busy schedule.
6. Keep your equipment in good order: A clean house. A fully stocked kitchen. Clean clothing that fits well. Spending quality time with your children. These are the things that promote happiness and gets your family is ready for kick-off.
7. Good offense is a good defense: Make sure everyone in your family is up to date with vaccinations and immunizations.
8. Prepare a training regimen: Make physical fitness a priority in your family. Whether it’s a group rate at the gym or long walks together as a family, make physical fitness and wellness a lifestyle habit for all of you.
9. Talk to your coach:
Whether it’s a medical professional, fitness trainer, or nutritionist seek out their expertise and make sure you are maximizing your Warrior potential. Take the first step today by calling 855-996-WELL (9355) or clicking here
to learn more about our world-class physicians at HackensackUMC.