You’ve woken up early, worked long hours, put in extra effort to build a successful team and thriving career. As you enter the next stage of the game, it is important for you to play smart to maintain your health and prevent injuries and illnesses.
Hackensack University Health Network is here to make sure you do just that. HackensackUHN is committed to providing you with a range of resources to keep you on track, including this GAMEPLAN for Healthy Senior Living - 10 simple steps to keep you playing at peak performance.
1. Know Your Team History: Keep notes on your personal and family health history to determine pre-existing health issues that may increase your risk.
2. Fuel for Performance: This is the time to enjoy some of life’s pleasures. That being said, it is important to maintain a balanced and healthy diet full of vegetables and lean meats and fluids.
3. Know Your Opponent: Stay up to date with regular check-ups to ensure you are fending off any future issues.
4. Keep Your Equipment in Good Order: Regular exercise will maintain your health. Go on walks, play tennis or golf, enjoy a bike ride, and enjoy the outdoors!
5. Keep practicing: Keep active and busy. It is important to continue improving your physical skills. Implement exercise in your daily routine.
6. Rest Between Games: Improve daily functioning with recommended amounts of quality sleep. Running short? Call a time-out for a nap. Enjoy your hard-earned free time.
7. Take a Time Out: You’ve worked long and hard to enjoy a fruitful retirement. Take time out and enjoy it! Travel the world and pick up new hobbies. Mental and physical stimulation are important ways to keep you playing your best.
8. Spend Time with the Team: Take time to see friends and family. Spending time with loved ones promotes mental and emotional health.
9. Talk to Your Coach:
Ask your doctor to get on a training regiment of vitamins, medication, diet and exercise routine. Don’t have a doctor? Click here
to find a doc.
10. Put your GAMEPLAN in Action:
HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness Powered by the Giants can help you put your GAMEPLAN into action. Check out www.Giants.com/Fitness
to start getting fi t and well!