1. Fill out the RA application here.
2. The Recruiting Chief RA will contact you.
3. Obtain a statement of endorsement from a health professions advisor and email it to the Recruiting Chief RA. Directions in regards to this statement can be seen below.
4. Become CITI certified by following the directions below. Email your CITI certificate of completion to ChiefRARecruiting.HUMC@gmail.com.
5. Fill out the volunteer application that will be emailed by HackensackUMC Volunteer Services.
6. Email the Recruiting Chief RA when the application process is completed at ChiefRARecruiting.HUMC@gmail.com. The Recruiting Chief RA will then contact you in regards to scheduling an orientation date.
Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Certification:
RAs will need certification for biomedical research from the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program. This is necessary to conduct research on human subjects.
The certification may be obtained online at www.citiprogram.org.
Once on the website, Please click on the "Register Here" link next to New Users and follow the prompts.
Here are some steps to guide you through the CITI New User Registration Process:
1. For the field that asks for your institution, select “Hackensack University Medical Center.”
2. For the field that asks about CME/CEU credits, select “No.”
3. For the field that asks for your institutional email address, enter the email address you use most often.
4. For the field that asks for your role in human subjects research, select “Student Researcher – Undergraduate.”
5. For the field that asks for your office phone number, enter the phone number you use most often.
6. For the field that asks for the course you would like to take, select “Basic Human Subjects – Biomedical Basic Human Subjects.”
7. For the field that asks you to choose a learner group, select “Biomedical Research Investigators.”
Once registered, you will be required to complete courses that involve reading articles and answering questions related to the articles (this will only take a couple hoursof your time).
When you have successfully completed these courses, please send a copy of your certification to the Recruiting Chief RA at ChiefRARecruiting.HUMC@gmail.com.
Statement of Endorsement Instructions:
It is necessary for potential RAs to provide a statement of endorsement from a Health Professions Advisor. For this letter, it is only required that the following statement be written on official college stationary:
"__________________ is a student in good standing at
He/She is looking toward the possibility of a career in the
He/She has my endorsement to serve as a Research
Associate in the Emergency Trauma Department of
Hackensack University Medical Center."
Please email a copy of the signed statement of endorsement as a PDF file to ChiefRARecruiting.HUMC@gmail.com
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Recruiting Chief RA at ChiefRARecruiting.HUMC@gmail.com.