This program is designed to provide cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, electrophysiologists, pediatricians, internists, family practice physicians and other health- care professionals with the latest diagnostic and treat- ment modalities in the care of children and adults with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM).
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Describe the evaluation and need for periodic reevaluation for the risk of sudden death in HCM
• Describe the role of the implantable defibrillator and MRI in mitigating the risk of sudden death in HCM
• Clarify the clinical impact of LV outflow obstruction in the clinical management of patients with HCM.
• Identify atypical mitral apparatus as it applies to
• List treatment options for obstructive HCM
• Explain the rationale for genetic testing in the HCM patient
• Identify pathology in the elite athlete