Expertise in Pediatric General, Thoracic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Prenatal Counseling
• Our surgeons have trained at the nation’s top programs, and are all dual board-certified in general and pediatric surgery
• Our surgeons are nationally and internationally recognized leaders, clinical researchers and educators in pediatric surgery.
• With more than 100 years of pediatric surgery experience combined, both routine and challenging cases are discussed in detail amongst the surgical team, to optimize the treatment plan for each patient. With one visit, your patient may receive five surgical options.
• With five surgeons available, there is always one (and usually more) of us in the hospital and/or our outpatient office, conveniently connected to the hospital.
• The location of our office and our participation in most insurance plans allow us to see most elective and urgent consults in our office (usually same day), without the inappropriate use of the Emergency and Trauma Center’s resources.
Minimally Invasive Always and Sometimes Noninvasive
• Our team includes some of the nation’s leaders in pediatric laparoscopic techniques, and our unique combination of experience and advanced technology means patients will receive the right operation – with smaller scars and faster healing.
• Our paramount concern is providing the best care for children since we are doctors, not just technicians. We champion a transparent and open dialogue with parents and referring physicians. Sometimes, the right operation is no operation, and that’s okay with us.
The Team Approach
• Our surgeons, nurse practitioners, and staff are fully integrated only with the Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital at HackensackUMC.
• Whether the procedure is done in the office with outpatient surgery, or requires the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, our team at HackensackUMC has collegial relationships with all of the pediatric subspecialists and hospitalist physicians.
The Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital and Department of Surgery at HackensackUMC has collaborated with NYU Langone Medical Center’s Division of Pediatric Surgery offering exceptional care to our patients.
Keith Kuenzler, M.D., FACS, FAAP
Jason Fisher, M.D.
Sandra Tomita, M.D., FACS, FAAP
Howard Ginsburg, M.D., FACS, FAAP
DIVISION OF PEDIATRIC SURGERY
Pediatric Surgeons are available 24 hours a day,
7 days a week
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital
WFAN Pediatric Center
30 Prospect Avenue
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Leigh Quintero, RN, Nurse Manager
Luciana Roman, RN, MSN, APN
Renee Brady, Operations Manager