Understanding the Billing Process
The Advanced Wound Care Center at HackensackUMC provides advanced treatments for a wide range of chronic wounds in adults and children. We are equally as focused on providing a warm and friendly atmosphere for patients and their families. To this end we are providing the information below which may assist you with understanding the billing process. These processes are consistent with those occurring in other outpatient based hospital practices throughout the state.
You will receive:
• one bill for physician services sent by our physician billing company (North Jersey Primary Care) and
• a separate bill for outpatient clinical services sent by HackensackUMC. This facility charge covers the use of the room and any medical or technical supplies and equipment.
Depending on your specific insurance plan, you may be required to make a separate co-payment at the time of your visit, one for the physician visit, and the other directed to the hospital. We understand these changes may seem complicated and that you may have questions. The information above is to inform you of these changes and offer assistance in understanding them. Charges for the physician services will be reduced and will partially offset the corresponding facility fee bill you will receive from HackensackUMC.
To ensure a smooth billing process….
• Bring your insurance cards
• Make sure we have your correct address
• Check with your insurance company to find out what is and is not covered for the service provided
For more information:
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact physician billing at 551-996-4038 or hospital billing at 866-571-9238