Community Event Policies and Guidelines
What We Can Do For You
The success of your event is important to us, and we want your experience to be positive and rewarding. We are able to offer our support in the following ways:
- Offer event-planning consultation. Any additional assistance must take into consideration our staff’s availability and internal fundraising obligations.
- Provide and approve the use of our logo (as appropriate) to ensure proper reproduction and usage according to medical center graphic standards. (Please note that under all circumstances, the use of Hackensack University Medical Center brand, logo, or name requires written authorization from Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation and all promotional material must be pre-approved before usage).
- Provide a letter of support to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers.
- Promote your event by publishing the name, description, locations and contact information on our website and through e-blasts and social media.
- Provide limited existing Hackensack University Medical Center materials for your event such as brochures and videos.
- Acknowledge direct contributions to Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation. These contributions will be added to your event donation total, but cannot be withdrawn for event expenses.
- Assist donors in directing contributions toward areas of special interest or areas of need within the hospital. For example, the Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital, the John Theurer Cancer Center or the Heart & Vascular Hospital.
What We Cannot Do For You
Due to federal regulations and hospital policy, Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation is unable to:
- Advance monies based on anticipated revenue or be responsible for expenses related to the event.
- Provide mailing lists of donors, patients, volunteers, staff or vendors, or solicit sponsorship support on your behalf.
- Provide our tax exemption number.
- Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation sales tax-exemption (on purchases) cannot be extended to any event or fundraising effort.
- Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation cannot process any credit cards for your event.
- Guarantee attendance of senior staff, volunteers, donors or patients at the event.
- Provide assistance with marketing or promoting your event or project other than as specified above.
- It is the responsibility of the person or persons organizing the event to obtain all applicable permits, licenses, and all insurance certificates that may be required for an event.