Anesthesiology Residency Program
Hackensack University Medical Center houses state-of-the-art facilities giving residents access to the tools and resources they need to achieve their educational and professional goals.
- The Heart and Vascular Hospital performs cardiovascular and neurovascular interventions including TAVR, structural heart, 3D echocardiogram and electrophysiology.
- The Donna A. Sanzari Women’s Hospital is a Regional Perinatal Referral Center, Level III NICU and performs over 6,000 deliveries yearly with 80% epidural utilization.
- The Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital houses the Pediatric Surgery Center, Tomorrow’s Children Institute for Hematology/Oncology, and PICU. 4,000 pediatric surgeries are performed yearly.
- The Center for Ambulatory Surgery performs 12,000 outpatient surgeries yearly.
- 40 state-of-the-art operating rooms for 14 surgical sub-specialties.
- David and Alice Jurist Institute for Research.
Our Department & Residency:
- 42,000 anesthetics administered yearly
- 20,000 non-operating room anesthetics (NORA) performed annually
- Superb ratio of faculty to residents ensures a great teaching experience.
- 16 categorical residents
- Protected time for conferences and didactics
- Comprehensive benefits package
Hackensack University Medical Center Surgical Procedures (2017):
General / Peripheral Vascular
Pain Management (Patient Visits)
Pain Management (Procedures)