Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency
Meet Our Residents
Sara A. Benerofe, D.O.
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kelsey M. McClure, D.O.
Western University of Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine
Melissa Napoleon, M.D.
Creighton University School of Medicine
Tamar Yacoel, M.D.
Sackler School of Medicine
Hackensack University Medical Center houses state-of-the-art facilities giving residents access to the tools and resources they need to achieve their educational and professional goals.
- The Heart and Vascular Hospital performs cardiovascular and neurovascular interventions including TAVR, structural heart, 3D echocardiogram and electrophysiology.
- The Donna A. Sanzari Women’s Hospital is a Regional Perinatal Referral Center, Level III NICU and performs more than 6,000 deliveries yearly with 80% epidural utilization.
- The Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital houses the Pediatric Surgery Center, Tomorrow’s Children Institute for Hematology/Oncology, and PICU. Close to 4,000 pediatric surgeries are performed yearly.
- The Center for Ambulatory Surgery performs 12,000 outpatient surgeries yearly.
- 40 state-of-the-art operating rooms for 14 surgical sub-specialties.
- David and Alice Jurist Institute for Research.
Living and Working in the NJ/NY Metro Area
Hackensack University Medical Center is located in northern New Jersey in Bergen County. Hackensack and the surrounding communities offer a wide range of affordable choices for city or suburban living. Located less than 10 miles from the George Washington Bridge, our Hackensack campus offers easy access to all that New York City has to offer:
• World class restaurants
• Professional sporting events
• Broadway theater
• Central Park
• High Line
• Social and cultural diversity
• NYC neighborhoods
Conveniently located near the Hackensack main campus, HackensackUMC Fitness & Wellness is an expansive fitness center complete with a large selection of state-of-the-art cardio equipment with personal viewing screens. A Sports Performance Center features a turf field, sprint track, sports-specific resistance training equipment and specialized programs for teams and individuals. Over 170 group fitness classes take place weekly including LesMills, Zumba®, Pilates Reformer, Pilates Barre, aqua, yoga, and cycling.
As a travel gateway, the New Jersey/New York Metropolitan area is easily accesible to major highways, transportation hubs and international airports for convenient travel.
A vital component to our program and the mission of Hackensack University Medical Center.
Many of our physicians are fully engaged in research and clinical trials, bringing this knowledge and experience in the latest treatment options here to our patients and their clinical colleagues.