Dionne Dixon, Ph.D., SSBB, BCBA-C, Administrative Director, Patient Care Operations & Logistics, Project Management Office (PMO), EPIC EMR Education, Bio-containment Unit, Interim Planetree Services, In-Patient Diabetes, The Transition Diabetes Program, The Molly Diabetes Center and The Clinical Healthcare Explorer Program
Dr. Dionne Dixon
Dr. Dionne Dixon is an accomplished leader with over 20 years of successfully leading, large matrix clinical, quality and operational initiatives, in both civilian and military spaces, nationally and internationally. She is scale-able, agile, disruptive, cross- functional, collaborative, and successfully leads during times of change and chaos, with diligent focus on the mission and undeterred strength.
To her healthcare resume, Dionne currently holds administrative and executive level oversight in the civilian and military sectors respectively. Among her numerous accomplishments since joining HackensackUMC in 2011, Dionne is credited for but not limited to:
- Co-leading the HackensackUMC Ebola and Lasse Fever emergency response program and mobilization in two and half months which resulted in the hospital’s Federal and NJ State designation as an Ebola Assessment facility
- Leading the Capacity Management Command Center initiative incurring zero capital or salary expenses. The Command Center has since supported key Throughput improvements, and has been scaled to support the relocation of the Transfer Center in house and the Caregiver Line Services, which are other initiatives that Dionne has supported and/or lead respectively.
- Successfully launched the HackensackUMC’s Clinical & Patient Care Services Project Management Office (PMO) 2014. To date the PMO has successfully cataloged over 350 separate initiatives supporting our 5 pillars, reduced project waste and duplication by 3%, reduced redundancy of resources by $500k, strategically aligned and validated projects with organizational goals, and standardized a project intake process. The HackensackUMC PMO won the 2018 Project of the Year Award from the Project Management Institute due the complexity of implementing a PMO in the healthcare environment.
- Projectized the Magnet re-designation document through 2 cycles, earning the organizations’ zero document deficiencies, and the fifth and pending sixth re-designations. This approach achieved huge cost savings, improved efficiency, created a project blue print for the re-designation process and talent selection, and secured knowledge management of the magnet process for the organization’s succession planning.
- Successfully created the HackensackUMC’s Veterans Program in 2012 in partnership with Human Resources to support our veteran staff and expand the medical center’s community outreach agenda.
In addition to being qualified by an earned doctorate and over 20 years of extensive operational and quality outcomes, Dionne, serves as an appraiser for the Prestigious National Malcolm Baldrige Quality Excellence Award. The Malcom Baldrige Award is the only national quality excellence award, designed to support the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Improvement Act signed by President Regan in 1987. The Act seeks to improve the performance in US organizations to ensure competitive edge globally. Dionne is Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certified and integrates the methodology consistently in improvement and assurance activities. She is a member of the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), The Project Management Institute (PMI) and the American College for Healthcare Executives- Army Chapter (ACHE).
Dionne additionally serves as Executive Officer and Rear Detachment Unit Commander, for the Medical Services Division, US Army.
Dionne’s expert business domains are healthcare, behavioral health, and education for diverse special needs populations. She is published and looks forward to disruptively leading complex operations in times of change.