For many years, we have prided ourselves on a tuition reimbursement program for all benefit-eligible employees. Dedicated financial resources for tuition reimbursement and educational assistance demonstrate our commitment to lifelong learning and professional development. Our tuition reimbursement program offers monetary reimbursement for undergraduate courses per calendar year up to a maximum of $4,250 for full-time employees, and $2,125 for part-time employees who are benefit-eligible after 6 month of continuous employment. The medical center also supports employees returning to school for graduate degrees (masters and doctorate), and offers tuition reimbursement to these employees up to a maximum of $5,250 for full-time employees, and $2,650 for part-time employees that are benefit-eligible.
To apply for tuition reimbursement, the employee must first complete an application for a new program on the EdAssist website. This alerts the Department Manager to approve the request, which triggers an EdAssist approval and finally a system update. Upon completion of the process, the employee receives an e-mail indicating the outcome. If approved, the employee goes to the main menu and processes a course request.
At Hackensack University Medical Center our nurses make a commitment to lifelong professional learning in order to push beyond traditional thinking and provide patients with amazing possibilities. In return, we encourage each and every staff nurse to pursue his or her educational development. The EdAssist program makes the process as easy as possible – providing tuition assistance administration and individual educational advising. Support is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. by sending an e-mail to HackensackUMC@EdAssist.com, or by calling 855-222-6879. Upon completion of classes, the employee must submit grades and receipts within 60 days of the course end date for reimbursement.
This program is designed to provide our employees with a comprehensive understanding of their educational and career options, and allows them to get the most out of their savings for tuition reimbursement. Additionally, many of the colleges and universities participating in the EdAssist program offer deferred payment opportunities, as well as discounted rates.
To access EdAssist, visit: https://www.edassist.com/
- All graduate students and RN to BSN students must request clinical placement by contacting the Department of Clinical Education. Contact Fran DeLuise at firstname.lastname@example.org, Call 551-996-4146, or click here to complete a Clinical Placement Request Form.
- Education Specialist must verify a current Affiliation Agreement and Certificate of Liability Insurance, on file in the Department of Clinical Education.
- Students must obtain health clearance by contacting Robin Bogert, Occupational Medicine at 201-336-8689 or email@example.com.
- Next, students must contact the Department of Clinical Education to arrange for an appointment to complete the Graduate/Independent Student Record and submit required documents.
- Non-Hackensack employees are required to obtain information on the following topics: HIPAA, National Safety Goals, Infection Control, OSHA/Fire Safety, Age Specific, Cultural Diversity, Medication Administration, EMTALA, Environment of Care.
- After meeting with the Education Specialist, submitting all required documentation, and completing the orientation topics, the student will be referred to Security to obtain a parking permit and a temporary identification badge.
- After all the above steps are completed, the Education Specialist will notify the preceptor that the student has met the clinical clearance requirements and may begin clinical experience.
You may also be interested in
Our nurses deliver unsurpassed care in an environment that continuously encourages them to apply evidence-based practice and science to their work.