The hard work and dedication our nurses display in our hospital as well as in classrooms does not go unnoticed. In 2010, Hackensack University Medical Center established its own NURSING SCHOLARSHIPS FUND with money raised by nurses, for nurses, and awarded to those who wished to further their education at the Baccalaureate, Master’s and Doctoral level. Each year during Hackensack University Medical Center’s Nurse’s Day celebration, nurses at each level of education are selected to receive a scholarship.
Please refer to prerequisite criteria & application process prior to completing the scholarship application
Prerequisite Criteria for Applicants:
- Employed at Hackensack University Medical Center for a minimum of one year full time or part time (benefit eligible), in good standing, and pursuing a BSN or advanced degree.
- Must be enrolled in an ACEN (formerly NLNAC)/CCNE accredited nursing academic degree program or accredited advanced academic program.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- May not be awarded a Hackensack University Medical Center scholarship two consecutive years in a row.
- Provide evidence of participation in activities related to the advancement of the nursing profession and to the mission and vision of Hackensack Meridian Health (e.g. exemplar, capstone project, professional presentations, publications, etc.).
Application Process / Requirements for Submission
- Complete demographic information included in the Scholarship Application.
- Submit a scholarly statement which speaks to professional goals (maximum of 250 words) and describe your contribution to the nursing profession and to the mission and vision of the organization (maximum of 250 words).
- Submit resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Committee will review applications.
- After review, selected applicants will be asked to submit academic transcripts and professional portfolio.
Guidelines for Awarding Scholarships
- All scholarship applicants and requests for accessing professional development funds are to be sent to the Professional Nursing Scholarship Committee.
- Applications will not be accepted after April 15th.
- The number of awards and amount of award will be determined annually by the committee based on available funds.
- Presentation of scholarships will occur annually during the National Nurse’s Day celebration at Hackensack University Medical Center.