For more than 20 years, the Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital has been a champion and active participant in pediatric clinical research
Currently, we have 170 active studies, in varying stages of development, in which our patients can participate. Our physician investigators have made significant contributions to pediatric clinical research and have received national recognition in the following sub-specialties: Blood and Marrow Transplantation, Endocrinology, Hematology, Neonatology, Oncology, and Rheumatology.
Due to their significant involvement in pediatric clinical research, our investigators are members of the following national and international consortiums:
1. Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium
2. Childhood Arthritis & Rheumatology Research Alliance (CARRA)
3. Children Oncology Group
4. North American Pediatric Aplastic Anemia Consortium Steering Committee Meeting (NAPAAC)
5. Pediatric Acute Lung Injury and Sepsis Investigators
6. Pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Consortium
7. Primary Immune Deficiency Consortium Member
8. Prospective Pediatric Acute Kidney Injury Research Group
Hackensack University Medical Center offers an 8 week research volunteer position during the summer to 8-10 outstanding undergraduate, post baccalaureate, and first year medical students interested in gaining clinical research experience.