Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital
Keith Kuenzler, M.D., Chief, Pediatric Surgery
Dr. Kuenzler talks about how we care for children who require surgery, the latest advances in the field, and the services offered at the Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital.
Exceptional, collaborative surgical team
The Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital collaborates with the NYU Langone Medical Center’s Division of Pediatric Surgery to bring together renowned pediatric surgeons who provide world-class care to our patients. All are board-certified in both general and pediatric surgery, and have advanced expertise in pediatric general, thoracic and minimally invasive surgery, as well as prenatal counseling.
We offer advanced surgical interventions for infants, children and adolescents including:
- Minimally access surgery of the chest and abdomen
- Surgical oncology care
- Vascular malformations
- Bowel deformities
- Pre- and postnatal care of congenital birth defects
Expertise in Pediatric General, Thoracic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, and Prenatal Counseling
• Our surgeons have trained at the nation’s top programs, and are all dual board-certified in general and pediatric surgery.
• Our surgeons are nationally and internationally recognized leaders, clinical researchers and educators in pediatric surgery.
• With more than 100 years of pediatric surgery experience combined, both routine and challenging cases are discussed in detail amongst the surgical team, to optimize the treatment plan for each patient. With one visit, your patient may receive five surgical opinions.
Minimally Invasive Always and Sometimes Noninvasive
Our team includes some of the nation’s leaders in pediatric laparoscopic techniques, and our unique combination of experience and “cutting- edge” technology means patients will receive the right operation – with smaller scars and faster healing.
Our paramount concern is providing the best care for children since we are doctors, not just technicians. We champion a transparent and open dialogue with parents and referring physicians. Sometimes, the right operation is no operation, and that’s okay with us.
Dr. Keith Kuenzler on Living Better on the Go
Hear Dr. Kuenzler talk about the advantages to performing pediatric surgery in a Children’s Hospital and the team approach in caring for patients at the Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital.